September 28, 2011

18 till we die!?

Posted by Apoorva Nanjangud at 11:39 PM
As I turn 19 in two days time, I feel the jitters about ageing, turning old, saggy skin, losing my creative bend, graying of my long curly tresses, getting all these vibes of sorts lets me want to just freeze in time and be 18 forever.
When I first heard Bryan Adams sing "18 till I die" I was of the opinion, why is it important to be young at heart? Why you need to lock in the enthusiasm in you and take that ahead till you hit the century? why is it needed to just "CHILLAX" in life and go with the flow?
Now I exactly know why!
Life is too short to bother about things that are not going to help you in your mental growth. Boyfriend ditches? it is purely his loss! He couldn't see the kind of awesome person you are or couldnt go beyond the ultimate "looks" factor! Life really is short. Our days are counted on earth. Within that period, we have to showcase our worth to the crowd and trust me, its not impossible! Be responsible for your own glory and be responsible for others happiness.
There are SO MANY things in life I want to learn! complete all the things I left incomplete due to some or the other petty hassles. Guitar, singing, Kathak, Bharatanatyam, yes a failed attempt at being a miss KNOW-IT-ALL. But I really love to try out and experience everything under the sun, so why not!
Plus, we learn stuff for our joy right?! Not to boast of a degree in music or an MA in dance!
As I turn 19 in a days time, I embark upon a new journey of maturity and aim to achieve a new level of excellence. But, I promise to be 18 forever and ever and ever!
All you pretty ladies who think they have lost IT, do something wild, shop, party, do some shoe-shopping, brunch with your guy, play with your kids, let the wrinkles look the prettiest on you, laugh with your best friend, run with your dog, dance like no one's watching, marry your guy, but let not the teen in you EVER DIE!
P.S- I have decided not to cry about a new pimple anymore!
So, happy 18+1th birthday to me! :")
Much love forever!

10 comments:

Unknown on September 29, 2011 at 7:53 AM said...

I think this is the cutest post I've read today. :)

I agree with everything especially SHOPPING. Hehehe.

maithili on September 29, 2011 at 9:34 AM said...

Life is only once and we can't waste it thinking about what others think!
18 is like the transient age.. the line between adolescence and adulthood.. 19 is about being more responsible and a brief overview of years to come :)

Agree that it was cuteee post :) <3

This also means I m not the youngest one here :D :D I m going to be 20 soon!!

Maham on September 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM said...

you are right when you say that there is so much to learn in life,live it to the fullest.and there are so many other people around you who love you and need you when you feel others dont.
p.s Happy Birthday :D

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p on September 29, 2011 at 3:04 PM said...

OMG you guys...your giving me a complex...if you look at me , and I mean look look at me nobody would agree I'm a day over 18...I still dress like I would do I college even to work ;-)...the kid in me is still alive though I wanna believe that I'm mature too....Maithilli you sure don't sound like a non-20 year old..are kids these days growing up way too fast ;-)

Meghana on September 29, 2011 at 6:49 PM said...

That's the way to be, girl. Happy 18th. =)


Much love,
Meghana. <3

Chandana on September 29, 2011 at 7:11 PM said...

Ohhh.. so we have a lot of kiddos on this blog! ;)
I am in my 20's but I look like an 18yr old and sometimes even act like one but most of the time I act my age :)
Aft I crossed 20 i stopped bothering about age.. I am enjoying growing up somehow!

Suruchi on September 29, 2011 at 7:16 PM said...

wow..so much sound advice from someone so young...n Maiths, you are just 19- OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYYYGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

yeh itneeeeeeeee wisdom kahan se aa gaye re?:-)

i stopped growing mentally after 21...there's always an age at which you get stuck for life and soon you'll find yours...

chill Apoorva-life has just begun to be realllyyyyyyyyyyy good:-)

maithili on September 29, 2011 at 7:45 PM said...

@Dragon : lol :P I m still 3 months short to turn 20

@Suruchi: Wisdom waali line me hum sabse aage khade the :P

CookieCrumbsInc. on September 29, 2011 at 8:09 PM said...

Age, my nemesis -_-

Apoorva Nanjangud on October 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM said...

haha!! This is really after a long time I logged in!
blame it on the college assignments!
I love all you ladies!
young or old doesnt matter! :D
xoxo!

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates