October 29, 2011

34 D is not the same as a 36 B!

Posted by Viya ;) at 10:35 AM
"These are sooooooo cute! I wish they have this in my size!!! " Divya longingly puts back the light pink bra which is covered in dark pink tiny li'l strawberries.
"Ma'm Try this one... I'm sure it'll fit you like a gglooouurve"  The saleswoman literally 'coos' desperately trying to convince Divya into buying a bra after trying almost all the ones in the store.
"Oh man! I think i better ask my cousin to get me some lingerie from the states...Why god why?!" We walk out of the store leaving behind the angry saleswoman.

We Indians have pretty much been shy when it comes to lingerie shopping and most of the times end up wearing the wrong size. Thanks to the charts in the trial rooms these days that most of the women are getting 'indirectly' educated on wearing a right  fit.
Even though we have a million brands marketing lingerie, the size does vary from company to company ( in spite of knowing the size! ), so do not ever make the mistake of buying it without trying it on or make sure the store has an exchange policy.
Obviously Indian women are much voluptuous (the average population - not everyone is blessed with long legs-size zero-model like body! )compared to the other Asian women ( i'm keeping in mind the stick think Tibetian, Nepali, Singapore, Chinese women ) and the Bangalore girls have at least shopped once at the Tibetian Plaza ( Dubai plaza on Brigade road ) where they sell very cute lingerie in all colours/shapes/patterns and mostly the size which fits the thin ones! :(
Recently, I read you're supposed  to replace the lingerie every 3 months and that got me thinking.
Unless i'm off on a study trip, I'm not really bothered about them ( the pain of washing clothes on a study trip puts me off and I stack up clothes for the number of days i'm travelling.. damn! its high time i  stopped being so lazy! )
I've not really had much problem finding the 'right' size and fit, but it does make me sad when I see few of my friends who hardly wanna invest in them just because 'no one will see it ya! whats the point in buying high-priced' ones?' . I want to literally pull out their brains and scream 'Of course no one will see rite now! but you're not gonna stay young forever! and probably in another 5 years, you'll be looking at a pair of saggy sad ones' ( I'm leaving out the your bf/husband mite get turned off part :P ) and put back the brain into their heads!
I used to make fun of those advertisements and articles which wrote about 'wearing the right fit' and wondered how this small piece of clothing could 'Ooze confidence' , 'bring out the superstar' and stuff like that in you! But When of my classmates ( whom we actually had adviced a million times to wear a right one and who gave us back this lecture on 'saving money' - It was outrightly sagging!! even with piles of clothing on! and thatsy we told her ) actually 'invested' in the right fit from an expensive brand and stopped piling up under layers, and started talking more and 'poking her nose' in all things, she revealed , 'I'm glad you guys told me.. I did look at the pictures and i felt so pathetic and thatsy I literally poured all the internship money into buying good lingerie and i feel i have some weird confidence out of no-where!' (Even though she did sound like a 'healed person from one those tele-brand advertisements', we are glad we told her that and made her realize the value of 'small clothing'! )
Seriously! this is nothing to be so shy about! Its a part of your body and just the way you take care of your face,hands etc, its pretty much the same here. :) Even though it takes a lot of time to find the 'puuurfeect' one, once you've found it, its def. worth it! :)
If you aren't sure of your size, please measure and find it out! :) it hardly takes few minutes.
Images from Google 


  

:P :P 

Oh come on! nothing to be 'shy' about and block the 'pervert' in you! :P

P.S : I'm sooooo sorry for MIA... This post was there in my draft for quiet sometime and i finally completed it..I hope you guys had a great Deepavali :)


22 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. on October 29, 2011 at 11:48 AM said...

Nice post:)

And yes, I'm kinda between the devil and the deep sea when it come to size and it took me 7 years to find the perfect fit but when I did, it was definitely the best thing I could have done for for my body.

P.S: Mum insists on comfort and I insist of looks+comfort and we just can't seem to find middle ground which is why bra-shopping is SUCHA pain for me-_-

vixie on October 29, 2011 at 2:50 PM said...

stands up and applauds !
Superb post Viya :-)
i just loved it..and you are sooooo right..
People normally tend to over look the finer details when it comes to lingerie shopping but its extremely important to pay attention to it..
I was someone who never actually cared about buying a bra with great looks and all that..
Honestly i would feel kinda awkward to check out sexy lingerie..
And can u believe..it was my guy who made me realise the importance of buying something sensuous in lingerie..
NO its not just the Turn On factor..
Trust me..my confidence level rocketed sky high when i wore a demi cup for the first time..
Cos at the end of the day..its all about loving yourself and feeling sexy..

You made my day with this post of yours !
Happy diwali to you too..:)
Cheers !!

Wings of Harmony on October 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM said...

Indian women shy away from discussing their size and wrong sizes of bras have been known to give back aches and sagging, shapeless boobs. A very useful post Viya :) :D

*Pats on the back*

Viya ;) on October 29, 2011 at 6:56 PM said...

@ PV : Whoa! 7 yearS?! I'm glad you found the rite size though :) :)
I sooo agree with comfort + looks.. i wish we could get them easily here :( :( .. damn! awwie.. I hope you find a 'pain-less' way soon... *hugg*

@ Meoww : hehe thank you! :D :D OMG! seriosuly? your guy did????! thats so cute man!!! ;) i completely agree about the 'loving yourself and feeling sexy'.. thatsy i no longer shy away from the sexy lingerie at the stores ;) ... ooh man! ;) I jus wish they weren't so high priced! :|

@ MSM : I did go through a phase where i had terrible back ache and had to take up physiotherapy!! :( ...Thanks babe! :D

vixie on October 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM said...

hehe yes yes ! Totally cute naaa..lol it was so funny when he was asking the saleswoman to show different patterns and all that..lol i could see her blush more than me :D
i knoooo man..even i have spent like a bomb on lingerie :p ;)

cheers !

Red Handed on October 30, 2011 at 7:40 AM said...

hehehehe good one Viya.!

So I loooove going for comfort, looks the colours and the material :P
Call me kinky and i shall wink at you babes :P
More than making the boyfriend turned on and stuff, its self satisfaction. isnt it?
You feel ebautiful and perfect just because of that little support :P

Chandana on October 30, 2011 at 8:58 AM said...

haha.. nice post!

I always spend a bomb on lingerie... My mom used to object at first but now she's gotten used to it..
You know i never had a problem with checking out sizes and trying them out to find the best fit.. but my sis is the exact opposite..
She gets soooo embarrassed and she hates trying it on. Till tdy she still buys all the wrong sizes and fits.. Arrgghh... someday i hope to change her mind!

Viya ;) on October 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM said...

@ meoww : hehe.. So cute!!! :P :P
I can't imagine how that saleswoman must have felt.. :P..

@ Red handed : :P :P... oooh ;) :P Very true about the 'self satisfaction' ;).. :D :D

@ TGAFA : Thanks babe! :D Same here!... my mum used to be like 'they are so expensiveeee.. don't buy..blah blah blah..' But now she's pretty much got used to it :P :P
Aww man! I hope your sister understands and gets more comfortable... :|

CookieCrumbsInc. on October 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM said...

Yeah seven:P First coz I was too embarrassed to ask and try and experiment and next because I got caught up in everything else and I couldn't be bothered before I realised how important it was.

Madhav Mishra on October 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM said...

nicelyw ritten, takes courage to write about these things *indian mentality attack*

Viya ;) on October 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM said...

@ PV : hehe.. i went through that phase too! :P :P

@ Maniac hunter : Thank you! :) :) hehe come on! :) Its our OWN body! :)...

Freelancer on October 30, 2011 at 8:26 PM said...

damn!! i cant find my size in that chart!!

Viya ;) on October 30, 2011 at 8:31 PM said...

@ free lancer : ;) Read your comment on red's blog.. :P :P start a new trend dude ;) :P :P hehe.. I can't stop imagining 'satin-soft-silky-lacy-etc' on a guy!!! :P

Sonshu on October 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM said...

Sigh. I completely agree with the Tibetean market thing. OMG. They have such cute ones with polka dots and lovely patterns and all these awesome colours and they only fit the small tiny ones who are like size zero. READ- MODELS. :/

And the post. Hahahhaa. So true. I know people who feel all embarrassed and blush when they've to go bra shopping. Silly :) :P hehehe.

Sonshu
sonshus.blogspot.com

Viya ;) on October 30, 2011 at 8:40 PM said...

@ Sonshu : I'm in lovvveee with the polka dot ones!!! :) and i found them in this store (i can't remember the name.. but it was something from P! ) at Gopalan mall on bannerughatta road :) :) They have these cute one in 'Indian' sizes :D :D
hehe.. :P I think its high time we stopped getting embarrassed and all ;) :P

Spaceman Spiff on October 31, 2011 at 12:13 PM said...

At the risk of being frowned upon, I must admit, I HATE bras. They're such a bother! But then, I care a bit too much about having a good set of boobs, so I wear them nevertheless. :/

I'm in an eternal search for the perfect bra.. And soon as I think I've found it, the underwire digs into my skin and makes my boobs cry out in pain. I think the problem is that these days, that are TOO many choices. I sometimes feel, life was a lot simpler when my mom used to pick out my lingerie. :/

But like you said, when it comes to lingerie, I don't think of the expense. And one should ALWAYS try it on before buying it. Some stores don't allow you to try it on, and I look at them with perfect disdain and ask "How do you expect people to buy bras without trying them on?"

maithili on October 31, 2011 at 7:37 PM said...

I m yet in search of the perfect size! Even though the i try out before purchasing still I do not find it the PERFECT !

I m the more voluptous and it makes it a pain to search for the right size!

I still shop with my mom so yes I do not get to experiment ! sigh * but as long as I m not the one paying the bill, I think I have to settle with that!

Viya ;) on October 31, 2011 at 10:22 PM said...

@ Spaceman spiff : omg!!! seriously?!! :P ... aw man.. i think the best underwire ones are the ones from Triumph.. even though they are expensive, they are like puurfectt! ( atleast for me :) )...
I knowwww!! its jus impossible to buy without trial.. :|

@ Maithili : aww.. measure 'em!!! trust me :) ...
Aw.. i had a touuughh time finding the perfect one too.. :|
hehe :P how i wish i could say that.. but i hardly go lingerie shopping with my mum..

Writing Bee on November 1, 2011 at 9:33 PM said...

Ok I am definitely learning how to buy lingerie by myself!!My mom still buys them for me :(!!

Viya ;) on November 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM said...

A life-a-holic : :D :D try it! :) its more fun when you go with friends ( maybe because i'm not that close to my mum! ) ;)

Writing Bee on November 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM said...

And maybe because they wouldn't embarrass you :P

Mr.Miglani on April 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM said...

wonderfully penned down !!!!

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates