October 11, 2011

Golguppas @ Paanipuris

Posted by Keirthana at 10:58 PM
Hi all :)

Here I present you the recipe of Golguppas @ Paanipuris. Though it is simple enough for a kid to make it in under an hour, I do not think many people are aware about it. This weekend, I had been to my bro's place, where I chanced upon an opportunity to make Golguppas for my sister-in-law. Since I am also a crazy lunatic when it comes to eating and especially Golguppas, I started without a moment's hesitation.

Ingredients:

Puris - 2 Packets (Those short puris are easily available in any of the bakery shops)
Boiled Potaoes -5 to 6 (Medium sized)
Boiled Vegetable2 - This is your choice. Green Peas taste the best, but you can use any vegetable that goes great when mashed with potatoes. I used meal-maker (Soya balls).
Seedless Dates - Some 20 dates will do.
Tamarind, Masala powder/ Chilli Powder, Salt, Coriander, Onions, Any other spices of your taste -As needed.

Enough listing. Let me get into the process, already.


Mash the boiled potatoes and chop the soya balls and mix them well, adding enough salt and masala powder. 


Sabji is ready. Over to the paani.

It is half-way through making rasam (the famous south indian side-dish for rice :) ) You have to just get the tamarind to soak in water and get its juice. Then, add salt, chilli powder, or if you would wish the ready-made rasam powder. Then chop some coriander leaves and drop them in.



Now to the dates sauce, grind the seedless dates and appropriate amount of tamarind with a mixer until it becomes a paste.



Now, you are left with other loose ingredients like:

Chopped Onions:                                                                                          Crispy Fresh Puris:












And some coriander leaves for decoration purpose :)

And voila, there are your paanipuris all ready to be gulped down :)



This way, we get to eat as much golguppas we want and yet claim that we are eating hygenic food :)

Hope you people liked it. Try it out and let me know.

Can any of the blog admins link this post under recipes, please?

P.S: @Paanipuri Lover: This one is dedicated to you.

Until later,
Keirthana :)

6 comments:

maithili on October 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM said...

This makes me hungrrrrry!!! Looks yummmmy!! I love panipuris!!
Thanks Keirthana you have completed this month's recipe section!! Linking this right away!

I will try this soon !!

Loved the use of snaps for each step!

vixie on October 12, 2011 at 7:40 AM said...

and now i be HUNGRYYYY !
I am craving for pani puri..it looks so yumm. M salivatinggg :):):):):)

yes i second maitzzz..even m gonna try it out soon..:):)
cheers..:) thankyou for the recipe :)

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p on October 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM said...

You know I wake up today and it's all cloudy and monsoony here in Bangalore...and I'm like ah how I wish I'd have a plate of hot jalebis and 4 plates of golguppas!!! And then I loand here...It's like there is a god and she most defi is a she :)...Thanks Keirthana.

Keirthana on October 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM said...

Thanks all :)

Do try the recipe and give your feedback. :)

Priya Chilamkurthi on October 13, 2011 at 3:54 AM said...

Ahh, I soo lovee golguppas!! We make sure we have all the ready made items and enjoy it one fine evening. Will try out this recipe too. Thanks!

Keirthana on October 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM said...

Sure try it out Pria :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates