November 7, 2011

For the love of Shorts! :)

Posted by Viya ;) at 11:19 AM
Even though its the season of woolens and mittens and warm clothing, the Bangalore weather keeps changing each and every day!! one day its literally raining cats and dogs and you prepare yourself for the rain the next day and you're given a bright sunny friggin hot day!!!

and today was one such day... all the shorts were packed and pushed deep into the cupboard until summer time and it was pulled out today and bam! i realize its time to make a trip to the parlour.... :|

Waxing!! its literally a nightmare only! :|.. you may ask why not use a razor or hair removal cream and trust me, after what happened, i'd rather sit through the painful waxing!.. the hair removal cream darkened my skin like crrraazzy and gave me weird red patches!! Initially  when i had started using those creams,nothing really happened and over time, i did noticed darkening of my skin and i thought it was due to the sun exposure but one random trip to a parlour during which i told the parlour lady about darkening of the skin, she asked me if i'm using a razor or hair removal cream and when i told her, she asked me to stop using them.. apparently, i wasn't the only one.. (that was a relief!) and she asked me to start waxing ( by the look on my face, she knew i had never ever tried it before.. ) and that was the first day i 'tried' and trust me she literally gave me a look of 'Don't.ever.come.back.to.my.parlour' (i'm glad none of the glass stuff broke there! ) and thank god for the other lady out there who took pity on me and coaxed me to jus get it over with and not let go half way... and from then, she's the only one who attends to me every time.. :P ... I jus wish we girls din't have to go through all this and enjoy wearing all the cute shorts and skirts ( but the thought of wearing them on hairy legs does sound 'eww' to me.. ) ...
Only and only for the love of shorts, i literally drag myself to the parlour (i'm waaay to scared to try it at home ) oh man! I wonder if that pumice stone + that mysterious mix i've been reading about on random sites actually work for that 'smoooth' body...
I wonder what the guys would do if they had to go through all these... its okay for them to show off their hairy legs eh? argh!
Google image

*siiigh* i think its worth those painful waxing session for those smooth legs... :) and the darkened skin is almost back to my normal skin colour :).. 

What do you guys do?? 

11 comments:

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p on November 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM said...

Ah I love shorts...I wear them all tthe time, much to the annoyance of the boy...my lags have tanned and re-tanned so much now I can't remember their original colour anymore. I'm not much of a parlour person either!!!The 3 shorts in the pic looks so chic, I wish I could get my legs into them :(

Viya ;) on November 7, 2011 at 12:08 PM said...

haha typical boys! :P.. its so not fair that he gets to wear them but has a prob wen i wear them..
aw man.. anti-tan pack?
i loveee the yellow one :D :D

CookieCrumbsInc. on November 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM said...

Waxing and me ka purana rishta hai. Of hate-_-
I don't do it if I can help it because thankfully I'm not allergic to the creams.
It IS unfair that men can walk around with the hairiest of legs and we have to do all the removing and polishing and buffing. Hmph.

And I love the first one, SO cute it is with the bow and all... <3

Writing Bee on November 7, 2011 at 6:51 PM said...

Wax!! Anyday!! I have tried hair removing cream, but I have heard of the same thing..So good bye to that now!! :P
And I love wearing shorts..!!The most comfy outfit ever!! :)
And men always have the easy way out :(!!

vixie on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM said...

waxing and i
share a chattiss ka aakda..
grrrrrr
whenever i wax..i get these weird bad freckles on my skin..
:(:(:(:(

i try creams at times..
but then m scared of its side effects at a later stage...
hmmm.
sigghhhh
still trying to figure out a way out..
:(:(:(

owwww....the yellow pair is soooo veryy ooooo..
:):):)

nice post viya...
i like the fact that you take up such masstt feminine topics for your posts..!!

cheers..!!

Divya on November 7, 2011 at 11:18 PM said...

Hey Viya!! :D Lo, behold I'm here again :D Just back from the aquastudio :P

Anyway, I used to use waxing creams for under the arms :| And it went really dark :( And then again, the lady at the parlour came to my rescue :P I almost screamed when I got it done for the first time :P But over the years, I have got used to it :) And I think its a part and parcel of staying beautiful :)

Chandana on November 8, 2011 at 10:15 AM said...

Aaahh.. the troubles we women go through! Waxing has become part of my life now! I've never used creams and somehow I dont like them much...
The first one is cute.. i have the exact same pair in a different colour!

maithili on November 8, 2011 at 11:32 AM said...

I keep the cream handy but mostly get waxing done! Creams are a savior when you need underarms done in a jiffy but I don't use them on my hands or legs because I too get small red rashes sometimes. Strangely the same thing doesn't happen to underarms!

Viya ;) on November 8, 2011 at 7:54 PM said...

@ PV : lucky you! :| ...
temme about it man! cha!...
i love all 3 of them but yellow one is my fav.. :D

@ Deepthi : totally agree with comfiest outfit ever! :D

@ aditi : whats chattiss ka adda?
aw man.. doesn't it reduce wen u put the toner after waxing?
i loovee the yellow pair toooo...
hehe thank youu :D :D

@ Div : hehe! :P crap! that happened to me too.. :( damn those creams :( ..
i'm still gettin 'used' to it.. :P
haha so true.. what all we gotta do to keep ourselves pretty.. :|

@ chandana : Temme about it! *siiigh*.. whoa! :D :D i wanna seeee!! :D :D

@ maithili : i've never tried any of those creams after i started waxing.. really??? i think i shall give it shot once.. :p

vixie on November 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM said...

owwwww..wat a pathetic typo..
grrrr..cell phones i tell you..

i meant chattiss kaa aakdaa :D
and razors..hmmm..used it yaa..but the hair grows rough afterwards..
:(:(:(

booohoooo
:D:D:D

vixie on November 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM said...

and "chattis kaa aakda" means
being total enemies..
its a phrase in hindi..
:P:P:P

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates