December 29, 2011

Act your age....!

Posted by Aditi Ray at 6:13 PM
   Hello everyone!! I welcome myself to this blog!
   Darlings, I am your newest and maybe...just maybe, the youngest of all the authors too! ;)

   Just when I 'soo-excitedly,jumping-on-the-sofa,dancing-and-going-wherever-she-went' disclosed the fact to my mom, that I too am going to be an author in the blog that I sooo love to read, she just replied calmly to me, 'beta, stop behaving like a child! Thats really good but its high time that you start acting your age now!' 

  "ACT YOUR AGE". Doesn't this sound familiar? We have heard this so many times since our childhood. I remember when I was in school and I fogot to do my homework or was found talking in the middle of the class,my teacher often poked me the question, "cant you behave your age?" and I wondered how should I be doing that. After my school teachers, my parents by themselves took this responsibility of asking this question to me. They often asked this question to me, sometimes sweetly, sometimes angrily, sometimes out of frustation and sometimes out of dissapointment. The moods kept changing but the question remained the same forever... "cant you act your age?"

    Now that I am 19 years old,I think I am in a better state of mind than I was anytime before. Now I dont make any hasty decisions,dont say the words directly out of my stomach,dont behave like a teen anymore (although I am one). I am more responsible, more intelligent, more smart than I was ever in my life before (not to forget my pimples too have started vacating my face). Now I think before I say or do anything. But has that question gone out of my life? The answer is 'NO'. It is still there,growing up with me, walking every step with me, and leaving less petty issues behind and looking forward to bigger and bigger issues to handle and grow in every possible direction that I possibly can.

    Sometimes I wonder, although I have grown up so much, how come I still didnt learn to "act my age"... and the more I think about this question, the more it haunts me! Damn,why cant I act my age?

    But then again another moment I think that if I start acting my age, where will the child in me go? How will I ever fulfill my childish dreams and petty happiness? The little things that means so much in me. The simple and unmatchable joy of getting wet in the rain, having ice-cream in winter, running to catch the train at the last minute and entering the train panting, writting the journals and projects on the 12th hour and submitting them last, late night chats, long and extra long phone conversations, unending laugh on nothing in particular, the happiness and proudness after helping any poor or disabled person, riding my bike at high speed in empty roads esp. when a handsome guy is sharing the road with me, the cool brush of breeze on the face is just so much calming and refreshing. These things definetly remind me that I should be 'acting my age', but the simple and pure happiness we get by doing these childish things is simply unmatchable.
    
    So, I decided that, let this question follow me my entire life, I am not going to kill my small but true happinesses for this idiotic question!! Let this question be by my side forever, I am still never going to "act my age"!!!!! ;)

17 comments:

Keirthana on December 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM said...

Welcome to the Space of Venus dear :) Childish at heart should be preserved forever :) And you are what? 19 na? You have all the time in the world :) ;) So go out and take on the world. Enjoy your best. Even after 20 years, I would say the same. Age is just a number and nothing else.

Confused Soul on December 29, 2011 at 7:14 PM said...

LOL .. I know I've heard that a zillion times.. But relax, not acting your age is pretty cool...you can be silly, fun, everything..

So chillax.. Now people temme I act mature for my age.. Don't blame me.. I'm just acting my age now, hai na? :P ..

Aditi Ray on December 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM said...

@Keirthana- thnx dear! completely agreed! age is nothin bt a number! :)

@miss confused soul- I soo-soo relate myself to ur name! :D
LOL.. I guess u r acting over ur age!
ppl hav a prob in both the ways! :P
so now my turn to say.. chillax! \m/ ;)

vixie on December 29, 2011 at 8:18 PM said...

helyooooooooooooo..!!!!!
heartiest welcome to the newest darling out here..!!
first of all..lemme tell you..
m like happy happy...cos i found my namesake..:):):)

khi khi khi..
and now..coming to thy post young lady..
i am told to act my age...
hell everyday at home..
and i am...a good healthy chirpy woman of 23..!!
pfft..
its so weird..at times..
i unleash the kid in me..
and then at times..i act like i am some mature agony aunt...gaaaah

well i guess thats where the whole charm of being a woman lies..hai na..??!!
heeeheeee...

you have added a super bubbly lah-di-daa spirit out here sweetie..:)
keep up the good work..!!

cheers !!

maithili on December 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM said...

Hey Aditi welcome to our blog :) Well you are 19 and yes we have the Paanipuri lover who is about to be 18.. So you are not the youngest :):)
Never mind, most of the darlings here are young at heart and we certainly don't mind a few more cheerful posts along the month :)
Again Aditi aka meoww here is totally our charm factory here and you both sound sooo similar with the way you express!

Welcome once again and have a great time sweety, all we want is "Acting like you" no matter what age!

maithili on December 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM said...

Hey Aditi welcome to our blog :) Well you are 19 and yes we have the Paanipuri lover who is about to be 18.. So you are not the youngest :):)
Never mind, most of the darlings here are young at heart and we certainly don't mind a few more cheerful posts along the month :)
Again Aditi aka meoww here is totally our charm factory here and you both sound sooo similar with the way you express!

Welcome once again and have a great time sweety, all we want is "Acting like you" no matter what age!

CookieCrumbsInc. on December 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM said...

Darling, I'm a good four years older and I still haven't learnt to 'act my age'. I throw tantrums and pout and sulk exactly like my sister who's ten years younger than me, so with me too growing up doesn't result in 'acting it' :D Cheers to preserving the innocence :P

And you need to add your name to the tags, love.

WELCOME!:)

Anish on December 29, 2011 at 9:59 PM said...

Dude, everyone who's older just says 'act your age' to make you behave in a certain way. I'm twenty, and I'll kill myself the day I actually 'act my age'.

Wings of Harmony on December 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM said...

I loved the post!!! :D :D And may I say, you sound totally adorable! :D :D :D Welcome to Darlings of Venus Sweetheart! And as Jacob says, "Age is just numbers baby" I believe so. :D :D MSM Blesses you. Spread the Cheer Sugar around love! :D :D :D

Aditi Ray on December 30, 2011 at 11:42 AM said...

awwwww!!! woowwwwiieee!!
wat a welcome to me!!! :D ^.^
thnkuu thnkuu thnkuu to every1!! ^.^

@meoww.. i share ur 'mroww' name too!
in fact my colg frnds hav completely forgotten my real name..they call me 'meoowww'! nd one of thm hav even set my ringertone in her fone as the meoowing of a cat!! nd everytym I cal her it goes 'meooww meooww meowww' :P
orite abt the blog.. thnxxx! :D ^.^

@maithili.. thnkuu so much dahlin!! :D

@peevee... frstly i wanna say! I am just as much chocolate addict as u r! ^.^
n now thnxx! :D

@anish... mtual feelings dude!! ;)

@msm.. thnxx soo much... I adore ur writtings completely..! :D

thnkuu soo much fr sucha hearty welcome every1!!
nd even though m nt the youngest writer here (by age) bt still I'd like to think m the newest born baby here!! ^.^ ;)

Wings of Harmony on December 30, 2011 at 4:14 PM said...

:D :D MSM gives rib-cracking hugs to the newest baby here :* >.<

Vinati on December 30, 2011 at 5:20 PM said...

You know it's kind of a ritual for parents to tell us that we should act our age. A cliched statement.. as if the rate of enjoyment is in inverse proportion to age. :P

And same pinch miss newbie. I too am nineteen. ^_^

Aditi Ray on December 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM said...

@MSM... >:D<

@mirage.. oouuchh!;) pinch softer! ;) :P
a high five to my age pal!! :D

vixie on December 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM said...

@aditi..geeeeeeeeeeeeeee..this is insane..!!!!

hehehehe..
cheers love !!

Aditi Ray on January 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM said...

OMG!! I dont believ this meoww!!
V share this 'geeeee' expression too!
i use it so much in my chats!!
hehehehhehe... gues i met my soul sister finally!! ;)

cheers to that!! :D :D

Aditi Ray on January 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM said...

nd a very very very Happy New Year to everyone!! :D

Unknown on March 16, 2015 at 9:12 AM said...

MTT chuyên cung cấp những sản phẩm tăng cường sức khỏe đời sống như thuốc bổ cho mắt
thuốc tăng cường trí nhớ
triple omega 3-6-9
thuoc multivitamin
thuoc giam can tot nhat
mỹ phẩm sakura nhật bản
Bạn đang thắc mắc hay phân vân lựa chọn cho mình loại kem chống nắng cho những ngày hè sắp tới ? Hãy đọc bài viết của chúng tôi để có sự lựa chọn tốt nhất cho mình
kem chống nắng nào tốt nhất

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates