December 22, 2011

Up. Up and Away

Posted by Freelancer at 4:44 PM
Today, When you talk of TV shows, the first few thoughts are F.R.I.E.N.D.S, HIMYM, Dexter, Castle, TBBT and a few more.

Yes, I admit they are good. Though I would rate Castle as okay and HIMYM as blah, still they manage to have a dedicated fan following.  What's more important is that except for F.R.I.E.N.D.S and the occasional few, these are new-age shows and hence they haven't struck a chord in my heart. YET.

Therefore, I will review them later. Now, its time to review my second most favorite show in the whole world.

SMALLVILLE [2001-2011]




The name Smallville itself is iconic. People like me would recognize the name even in an instant. Even if there was no tv show with this name. The name Smallville is synonymous with the title, 'The Man of Steel' whom Lois Lane and the world gave the name 'Superman'

Smallville is a 10 season long epic tv show of Clark Kent, of his life before he donned the famous red and blue cape, before the world knew him as Superman. Every superhero has a beginning and CW hit the jackpot when they aired Smallville in 2001. This is the story of Clark Kent and it starts with meteor showers over Smallville. This is the show of honesty, valor, friendship, duty and love. This is the show of sacrifice in the face of a greater good. Smallville grew with me or rather, I grew with smallville. When people say, that shows like Power Rangers or even F.R.I.E.N.D.S guided them through their years, I can proudly say that this one show never never never managed to disappoint me.

And when it ended this year, the whole world sighed. Superman came to the world when Smallville ended, but we were with him on his incredible journey to be that man of steel.


With a cast of Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Erica Durance (drools), Laura Vandervoort (more drools), Allison Mack and a lot more, this show churned one epic episode after another for 10 whole years. Clark's love for Lana, the relationship with his once-friend-turned-greatest-nemesis Lex Luthor, his friendship with Chloe, the arrival of one girl whom the world recognizes with Superman, Lois Lane, Smallville is one show that I cried for when it ended.

I wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
'bout a home I'll never see
It may sound absurd
But don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed

This rightly sums of the some of Clark's life. I remember introducing this show to my girl. And soon after that my late night talk with her got substituted with Smallville. And when we had the time to talk, it was all about Smallville :P

This is one show I'd ask everyone to watch. Even if you aren't a fan of superheroes, this is a show that has much much more. The unwavering loyalty of friendship between Clark and Chloe, the first love of Clark's until Lois comes to his life, the honor in doing the right thing, the rising to the occasion when the need arrives, SMALLVILLE is and always be a show I will keep watching forever!

Miss you Superman. Miss you Lois Lane. 



Even Superheroes have doubts. Even superheroes have the right to dream.

Some memorable quotes :

Jimmy: "Regardless, you call Clark before you dial 911. I mean, what's he gonna do, dismantle the bomb with his great hair?"  

Lex Luthor: "you were right about me all along, Mr. Kent.I am the villain of the story." 
 
Chloe: How are you ever going to live without Clark?
Lois: One word – blissfully. 


"When you're on stage today I'm going to be looking up at you and be thinking one thing." -Lois
"What's that?"-Clark
"Please God don't let him trip."-Lois



Lois: Doctor says I shouldn't talk too much.
Clark: That's too bad.
Lois: Don't get your hopes up, Smallville - it's not permanent.

To end it with the perfect song, originally sung by 'Five for Fighting' and performed by David Gray.  The most heart-touching song ever!



1 comments:

Unknown on March 16, 2015 at 9:18 AM said...

MTT chuyên cung cấp những sản phẩm tăng cường sức khỏe đời sống như thuốc bổ cho mắt
thuốc tăng cường trí nhớ
triple omega 3-6-9
thuoc multivitamin
thuoc giam can tot nhat
mỹ phẩm sakura nhật bản
Bạn đang thắc mắc hay phân vân lựa chọn cho mình loại kem chống nắng cho những ngày hè sắp tới ? Hãy đọc bài viết của chúng tôi để có sự lựa chọn tốt nhất cho mình
kem chống nắng nào tốt nhất

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates