December 3, 2011

Want a Hair cut !

Posted by Smita at 2:43 PM

So Darlings, When was the last time you went for a haircut?
Well, I went for a haircut a month back.
Shortening of my black long hair wasn't what I was looking for. 
I just needed the front ends to be styled a bit and the back ends, the split ends to be precise, to be cut off. 
As Simple as it could be, were my demands, and I swear I explained it as simple as I could to him.

But then the barbers or wait, for ladies, it's stylists, right (wink), they will remain what they are!
Wetting my hair, making front ends to fall on my eyes, making me to bend down my hair so that he could do all that trimming on his own at the back, I was starting to understand his tricks, but too late!

After the cut was done, my hair, earlier falling enough down the shoulders were now made to reach only shoulder length. I admit, I loved the new style, hair freed from all split ends and rough edges felt smoother, but the length is what depressed me.

And more depressing is what that person asked me after showing my hair to me in the back mirror, which they usually hold after giving ladies a haircut, showing off their styles at the back,"Madam, is the length okay?".

"How do you say?",was what I thought in my mind.

He asked so promptly as if I were to reply with a "NO", then he would have returned my hair lost length back to me!

                                                                                     

   And am sure this might have happened with you too? Ain't it ;) Didn't you just felt like murdering the other person for shortening the hair length though might by just a few centimeters ;)
Oh ! We ladies will remain such lovely ladies only! Getting sad for such little silly lovely things :P


Smita


10 comments:

Soumya on December 3, 2011 at 4:51 PM said...

OMG I can so understand your feelings out here.

5 years ago I went to get my waist long black shiny hair cut to look like the hair of Preity Zinta in Kal ho na ho. I was pretty keen on getting it done. It looked good too, but once I got off the chair and saw my tresses scattered around I held them in my hand and started crying. No kidding!

My stylist felt so sad that she collected all of it and gave it to me in a bag :P. I still have it in my cupboard and shall donate it off to tirupati once I visit there. If I can part with it then that is :)

And yeah, a trim never remains that. Count on losing out about 2 inches of hair atleast per trim :D

Confused Soul on December 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM said...

Oh yes...I remember the embarrassment in class 10 when my shoulder length hair turned into a boy cut.... and the giggles that followed .. and all the crying from my end.. what a horror t see my hair lying on the floor man! Pathetic really!!

Btw soum you still have ur hair? hahaha omg :P

Menachery on December 3, 2011 at 8:18 PM said...

omg, so true, i so wanted to rip that guys hair, after he cut my hair like from the "inside" yea, apparently to decrease the volume .... aaarghhh , i hate till todayyy ... grrrrrr ... :( :(

Chandana on December 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM said...

This is why I usually prefer to go to the same place for haircuts. I've terrified my hairstylist enough times, so now she knows that she needs to be extra extra extra careful around me :P

If i visit a new place they always cut it shorter than what i've asked for. But my hair grows back really fast so its okay!

vixie on December 3, 2011 at 9:56 PM said...

hair and its woes..
*sighhhhhh*
they always drive me nuts...
grrrrr

Unknown on December 4, 2011 at 1:48 AM said...

Ahh the haircut catch 22 situation. I get a greater high during a haircut rather than a spa, but if its cut an inch more than I'd want, which usually is the case, its tumbles me to equally low lows.
But like most of us, I stick to one stylist, who knows my trim is just that, a trim.

mspseudoneem on December 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM said...

*shudders at the memory of one such incident*
But I grew to like that style ;)

Vinati on December 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM said...

The place where I go for a haircut, I am always showed the length which would be chopped off. And they trim that much only if I say yes.
It is much easier this way as it reduces their chance to get killed with their our hands and their pair of scissors. :P

The last time I went for a haircut (which means in late October), I came out as a chinki :D

Writing Bee on December 5, 2011 at 10:14 AM said...

Oh yes!!It has happened to me.Not once.I guess it happens every time I go for a hair cut. These 'stylists' can just not stay with going according to what we want and not shorten the length! Especially when my hair is stubborn to the core that it will grow only an inch in a year :|!!!

CookieCrumbsInc. on December 9, 2011 at 12:17 AM said...

Actually I keep waiting for a chance to shorten the length because nobody lets me cut my hair,not the stylist, not my mother. Because apparently I have thick hair and they don't want me to 'ruin' it.

But then losing length that you so lovingly grew out must be traumatic.

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates