January 31, 2012

Moving on

Posted by Viya ;) at 3:45 PM
With all the weddings around, things have been so busy for me...
Previously, weddings were just a way of dressing up (forcibly by mum! ) .. playing with cousins ( I remember those times when there used to be a balloon-walas and oneofthoserandomrelatives used to buy us colourful balloons and pistols) .. Gorging on the food.. Yawning away to glory while the rituals still went on.. Getting dressed for the reception.. standing behind the bride/groom and putting away all the gifts they recieved.. Bingeing on the chaats and ice creams..

Now that, my close friends have been getting married, its literally been an emotional roller coaster ride..
I never realized how painful it is gonna be packing up everything from 'Your' room into those million suitcases.. bringing down those posters which godknowswhenyouhadpastedonthewalls.. No more sleepovers with friends (damn! ).. Getting adjusted into a new family.. their customs and traditions.. their daily routine.. their likes and dislikes..

No more mum around to 'Pleeeaacjjeee.. pleeazzeee ma.. please do this for me no'...
I shuddered at the thought of one of my fren's MIL waking her up and my friend yelling back at her.. ( I wonder how she's gonna manage getting up at 4 in the mornin every.single.day!! )
I can't believe how much i've taken my parents for granted.. :|
The thought of cooking something decent without mum's help...
I can't imagine managing a whole family.. No matter whom you have around, to 'help', there's some weird thing which makes it feel like 'its your responsibility to look after the family'..
Even though things like finallyy your gonna get to spend your life with the loved one and you look forward to waking up beside them each morning, I don't think i'll be ever able to sleep 'peeeaaccceeefullyyy', the way I do rite now...
There's something that changes, the day the girl gets engaged (seriously!! its happened with 4 of my friends and i don't think its a co-incidence anymore ).. its like she becomes more 'family-oriented-matured' type.. Its like they've left the rest of us behind and gone on to the next level of 'seriousness'...
Those small things which you hardly noticed start to matter more.. :|
One of my friend's dad told me that their daughter cannot be treated the same way anymore the minute she's married.. I can't imagine dad treating me differently.. :| ..
20 odd years of upbringing and my own way of living.. leaving all that behind.. getting used to new ways.. oh man.. :| .. I'm curious to know what the future holds.. yet scared at the thought of letting go the 'cocooned' environment..
This is def. Moving on... To another phase of life.. to all the beauutttiifulll Darrhhlinngs out there!

8 comments:

Where thoughts are Word$ on January 31, 2012 at 5:33 PM said...

That was sooooooooooo awesome!!!
I have the same fear concealed within me and it has once again come alive on reading this...

:)

But the good part is Marriage is a long way to go as far as I am concerned despite the fact that all my "classmates" also have been busy changing their relationship status in the last few days!! :D

Rahul Bhatia on February 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM said...

A very sweet post about what lies ahead in a marriage:) and the worry of leaving home:(

Jen..The Butterfly Effect on February 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen..The Butterfly Effect on February 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM said...

Omg! I never thought this would happen! I mean I'm still in the first stage of gaping around at people ,stuffing the awesome food during weddings! Gosh! :)

Now I want to get married first and never get this feeling! :O

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of fears that were pushed back forcefully by me. How we can't imagine our lives without our moms! They're an inseparable part of our very being..
lovely writing.
here check out my post, you'll be able to relate to it i'm sure.

http://audereagereauferre.blogspot.in/2012/01/girls-we-used-to-be-women-we-became.html

if you like, maybe lets follow each other? :)

KP on February 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM said...

lovely sum up of every girls fear.. reading it felt like speaking to myself.. or to a friend..!

Smita on February 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM said...

a very thoughtful but scary post :(
Marriage indeed is one the most awaited and loveliest dream of everybody's life but the thought that we girls would have to leave our everything behind and establish a whole new world at some other place, really scares me a lot!!
As there are many What If's in the whole cycle of a girl, from being a simple girl to a wife, sister-in-law mother and what not.

nice post :)
moving on :)

Unknown on March 16, 2015 at 9:58 AM said...

MTT chuyên cung cấp những sản phẩm tăng cường sức khỏe đời sống như thuốc bổ cho mắt
thuốc tăng cường trí nhớ
triple omega 3-6-9
thuoc multivitamin
thuoc giam can tot nhat
mỹ phẩm sakura nhật bản
Bạn đang thắc mắc hay phân vân lựa chọn cho mình loại kem chống nắng cho những ngày hè sắp tới ? Hãy đọc bài viết của chúng tôi để có sự lựa chọn tốt nhất cho mình
kem chống nắng nào tốt nhất

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates