April 5, 2012

Chance Meetings (:

Posted by Nirali Naik at 1:43 PM
Leaving all the unhappiness behind she was going to New York , to get some perception . To fall in love the Carrie Bradshaw way , to find a way back to her happier bubbly self again.She was early for her flight like always , always so organised , always so in control. She was never late for anything

* Flight no 8547 to New York leaving at 14:00 hours has been delayed by 2 hours , the inconvenience caused is regretted*


As the announcement echoed around the airport , Sia let out a deep sigh and cursed her OCD for bringing her so early to the airport. She had 3 hours to kill now before the check-in would start. She called her mother to let her know of the delay .
" Amma the flight is going to be late"
" I don't know why Amma . "
" How can I come back home , what do you mean why do I want to go anyway "
" Seri seri , Bye Amma. I'll miss you too "
 
Sia looked around for a book shop to engage her time , what she spotted instead was a cafe, she decided to settle herself there and exploit the free wifi while she waited. Just as she was about to sip her coffee and open Cosmo Online on her laptop, a lady came upto her and asked if she could sit with her , as there was no place in the cafe. Sia gave her a warm smile and asked her to join her. Sia never let go the chance for a conversation.
" So you're going to New York too . ? " Sia enquired.
" No , London. My flight is in an hour , these delays . " the lady said with an annoyed expression.
" Oh great. I'm Sia and you ? "
" Krishna Pai . " the lady replied a little troubled with Sia's questions.
Sia went back to her reading and suddenly she had tears rolling down her eyes. Krishna was taken aback when she saw Sia crying . " What's wrong ? " Krishna asked more out of politeness than interest.
" Well I just read a story online and it made me miss my ex -boyfriend. We broke up last month. " Sia said still sobbing.
" Oh " Krishna said with complete lack of interest now.
" How are you so insensitive , the least you can say is , it'll be okay . " Sia said a little hurt.
" No , it won't be okay because you have chosen to cry over it and not move on. You hurt yourself , no one else is or can be the reason for your pain."
" Err " Sia had now stopped crying and was amazed at how rude strangers can be.
" I'm sorry , see I have seen a lot of  pain in my life so when I see teenagers crying over silly breakups and unimportant fights it angers me. " Krishna said a little calmly now.
" Like what ? " the ever curious Sia pestered.
" My 2 year old son has EB . It is a skin disease which occurs in 50 out of one million  , even less most of the time. My child cannot go out and play like normal kids. He cannot hug or cuddle with me without feeling immense pain , he cannot enjoy a shower without crying his eyes out. But yet he smiles when I call out to him , he laughs when we fool around in front of him and he tries to accept his pain everyday. He is my hero , he smiles though all he feels is immense pain. There is no cure for this disease , but I'm hoping there will be one, pretty soon. My husband left me because he couldn't handle all my attention being devoted to our child and he couldn't afford all the hospital bills. He didn't want to be responsible for something his sperm created. So here I am , I have quit my job and now am putting all my time into getting my baby out of his misery "
" I'm so sorry ." Sia said
" Why are you being sorry ? Don't sympathize with me , I wouldn't want to have it any other way. I love my baby and he is the best child any mother could have asked for . No matter what and he's an angel. " said Krishna with a motherly smile.
" I'm sure he is , so is he in London ? " Sia asked not knowing what to say next. When in doubt , ask questions was her motto.
" No , he's here in India with my mother for some days . I'm going to meet a few doctors about his case, maybe his condition can be controlled." Krishna explained.
" Oh , I hope it works well for you'll , God bless him . " said Sia with a wry smile.

* Passengers of Flight no 96541 leaving for London at 15:00 hours are requested to enter the boarding area. Thank you*

" Ok thats me , bye dear. Take care. " Krishna said as she put on her coat and and flung her handbag on her shoulder.
" You too ." is all Sia could say.
    Just as Sia was pondering on everything Krishna had said she noticed something on the floor that had probably fallen from Krishna's bag. It was a visiting card :

Krishna Pai
Lawyer
B.A LLB , PHD in Human Psychology


Contact no : 32313456

Sia kept the card in her bag and for a moment smiled , maybe she would meet Krishna again someday.

PS: Hello Darlings :D This is my first post on Darlings of Venus :) Very happy to be here , I hope you'll like it =)

Love
BluBluBling
  

5 comments:

Raumali Dasgupta on April 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM said...

nicely written :)

Wings of Harmony on April 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM said...

Lovely Post! :D Welcome here! :D

CD!!! on April 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM said...

Love it! Its not us who are going through problems......there are more which we could see only if you have your eyes open instead of shutting them because of our tears.

Nirali Naik on April 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM said...

@ Daffodils - Thank you =)

@MSM - Thank you :D :D

@CD - Yeah we always forget that maybe someone somewhere is not happy as us =) Shift in perspective is all we need :)

Shreya on April 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM said...

It's weird, but recently, as I was crying about some silly boy problems, my friends had an accident and landed up in the ICU, n it made me realise just how silly my problems were in comparison!

Nice post!

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates