June 10, 2012

Know Me...

Posted by Miss-Match at 3:35 AM
Hi all!
This is going to be my first post ever in this blogging world. As of now I don't own any blog ( so plz be nice to me ;))

Couple of months back I was oblivious of existence of such an interactive world called BLOGGING. But yes here I am,writing a blog, thanks to DOV for letting me a part of this. I can spend my whole day reading, such is the love for reading.This love dates back to the 9th or 10th year of my life. During my visit to naani's (granny) home, we used to travel via train & there was this bookseller,with that Close Up smile on his face. Those colourful books were like a magnet. I was so enthralled with that Champak in my hand & used to finish reading the entire book in one go.

Once i suggested one of my friends to go for some novel to pass time but he retorted saying he's not interested in killing time by reading 'useless novels' rather he would go for something which would add to his intellect. I was like WTF! I felt like he's abnormal.:D But such is the world comprising people with personalities & demeanours in its myriad forms. 
Everyone won't like, what you like.
Everyone won't think, what you think.
Everyone won't expect, what you expect.
There ARE like minded people but not necessarily around you. So accept the fact that this is yet another category of people with which you are sharing the world.

Coming to the writing part, I don't know what brings me here but I know this is (even while typing this post) & would give me uber satisfaction to pen down my thoughts, to channelize my energy, to interact with people, knowing that someone is interested what I am up to through my posts. But as they say 'everything comes at a cost' and here the cost is living with the fear of  non acceptability.Going through some blogs I realised its not a cakewalk to grab the attention of readers. Neither am I a scintillating writer, nor do I possess any  humour in my writing. So what if I am unable to bring any readers,   what if nobody even cared to comment never mind follow the blog, what if  I am criticized overtly and to make it worse publically . But then one day i read somewhere 
"NEVER write about things the world wants to hear. Write about what you want to tell. The former is tempting, I agree, but the latter, you must know, is rewarding" 
And that marks why I am here. 
Apologies for the long post.:D but bear with this newbie.

P.S- constructive criticism is welcome.As you all have to guide me through.

P.P.S- Going with the intent of this blog, and connecting with the fellow bloggers, try linking on facebook too. Send me a request ( this'll prove that you have read my post. hahah)

 

16 comments:

Zeebs on June 10, 2012 at 4:29 AM said...

I think it is a huge deal in the blogging world. To be read. To have yourself read. Somehow I didn't catch on to it. I don't know why.

I like to write because I like to read what I write. Yes, it's a bonus that somebody else has read it too- but I mainly like to write for myself. (I'm selfish right?)

The only thing I can tell you is that you shouldn't have to try. You shouldn't have to try at all :)

C.S.H on June 10, 2012 at 6:33 AM said...

Well there's so many reason why I write.. First and foremost, it's something I like to do for myself.. and then it's because I want others to understand who I am and where I stand on certain things.. I want to be known and to be loved.. isn't that what everyone wants? Maybe? IDK! But you have to do what in your heart you feel is best for you so write about what matters the most to you! No worries!

Hardi on June 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM said...

Yay! First of all, welcome to DOV, and to the blogging world!

Your post had this effortless flow, which shows me that you're definitely a natural writer at heart!

I'm a fairly new blogger. Like you, I was completely oblivious to this entire world, until a friend of mine showed me his blog. And since that day, I've been blogging.

And as you heard, don't ever write for the world, write for yourself only. That's the only piece of advice you'll ever need! ☺ The rest you'll learn as you travel through your blogging journey!

And it's always a thrill to see new bloggers!

Awesome post! And looking forward to the upcoming ones.

Take Care <3

maithili on June 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM said...

Welcome to the blogworld darling and we welcome you with open arms into Dov :)
What creates your mark in blogworld is your individuality and for that never ever bend to what people want to listen. Blogging is all about being you and that is why you make some friends in blogworld who love you despite knowing all your thoughts and all your flaws :)
I have made such friends and I sure you too will find them here :)
And you have a unique style. You will pick up various forms of writing as you grow into the blogworld and as you get to read more on blogs but your style is your identity :) Keep writing more :)

Raumali Dasgupta on June 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM said...

Welcome to DOV :)

Nihareekaa on June 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM said...

Welcome to the blogging world. :D

Don't you worry. You have been read and you have been appreciated too. Keep writing. You have a great sense of forming words into a beautiful symphony.

Also, I think you should start your own blog. Ofcourse, DOV is a great place to express your thoughts, but your OWN blog will be a better medium to express your OWN thoughts.

Cheers! -.-

Vinati on June 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM said...

Blogging gives me peace, makes me satisfied and content. It is one of the best ways to introspect. Certainly, readers form an important part of a blog. However, an honest blogger shouldn't worry at all. He will be read just by the virtue of being natural and real.

And welcome here sweetheart! Hope to read more of your interesting writings. And don't worry at all...you will evolve with time.

Take care! :-)

vixie on June 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM said...

Darling..Welcome aboard..!!
You know what, we all start somewhere.
The pressure of being appreciated and liked is pretty normal.
But sweetie, that shouldn't deter you from writing for yourself.
Just enjoy the ride...you write your heart tells you..the rest good things will follow :)
looking forward to read lots more..!!
and yeah...when you get more comfortable..
do start your own blog...it will help you even better :)

cheers :)

Ash on June 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM said...

Welcome :) happy blogging!

Miss-Match on June 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM said...

@Zeebs- being selfish is not a sin ;)(in context with the blog world. Atleast u r doing what u feel like n I am gonna do the same. Thanks for commenting anyways. I'll always remember you for being the very first soul on my first ever post. :)

@ Crystal- yeah! evertbody wants to b loved. thats y I WAS scared of non acceptability. but I've learnt now that its a secondary thing. Do what u like being the primary. anyways thanks for stopping by. :)

@ Kiara- Thanks a ton again. n thanks for that little word of appreciation too, it'll keep me going.
P.S- is kiara ur own name? or is it Kiara from anjana anjaani ;) btw i'm in love with this name too. take care.

Miss-Match on June 11, 2012 at 2:46 AM said...

@ maithili- thanks a ton. I'll try n keep my individuality intact while writing n make some great frnds too. :) thanks again. Tc

@raumali- thanks a lot. :)

@ niharika-(with paddings of e's n k's)- thanks darling. I love u for what u said regarding my writing. :)n yes about my OWN blog. Amen!
P.S- I learnt that u r from punjab. same pinch with a *bump fist*

@ mirage- thanks a ton darling. n thanks for pacifying my fears. Blogging does satisfies me.
n yeah i shall evolve by time. time is a good person. hahah! Tc!

@meoww- thank u so much. Btw i really enjoyed reading some of the posts from abhilasha. U r so me..idiosyncratic hahah *hi 5*
n i loved ur display pic.
n about MY blog Inshallah!

@ ash- thanks a ton :)

Hardi on June 11, 2012 at 5:30 AM said...

From Anjaana Anjaani ☺ Lol

NBose on June 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM said...

why don't you start your own blog...you write so well.. :-D

Smita on June 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM said...

Hi sugar:)
Welcome to Darlings of Venus :)

Miss-Match on June 25, 2012 at 6:45 PM said...

Thnks a ton to both of u.

Unknown on March 16, 2015 at 9:49 AM said...

MTT chuyên cung cấp những sản phẩm tăng cường sức khỏe đời sống như thuốc bổ cho mắt
thuốc tăng cường trí nhớ
triple omega 3-6-9
thuoc multivitamin
thuoc giam can tot nhat
mỹ phẩm sakura nhật bản
Bạn đang thắc mắc hay phân vân lựa chọn cho mình loại kem chống nắng cho những ngày hè sắp tới ? Hãy đọc bài viết của chúng tôi để có sự lựa chọn tốt nhất cho mình
kem chống nắng nào tốt nhất

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates