June 16, 2012

Ramblings of a Facebook User

Posted by Miss-Match at 1:44 PM

Note- The post is totally useless just like facebook is :P


Facebook has taken over our lives. It has become as necessary as oxygen to breathe. I can't find a single person not registered with Facebook, be it children aging 10 yrs (despite they are not allowed to register before 18, but to hell with! rules are meant to be broken & why not!) or the senior citizens.

Talking of networking in this age- without a doubt, Credits to Facebook.
Bringing people closer who hesitate to even a utter a word in person, but don't shy while chatting /commenting - Credits to Facebook.
Taking online shops to another level- Credits to Facebook.

But here I am limiting my ramblings( in a way critical opinion) as to how Facebook has evolved over time in terms of the applications it provides etc.

1.The "LIKE" Button
I see "LIKE"  option is made for those lazy bums who find any status/photo interesting but their indolence refuses to leave the mouse so as to reach the keyboard and take the trouble to type something & speak their minds. (Yeah, I do this most of the times :D).
But talking about the another category of people who play the role of charity to distribute free "likes" no matter what is posted, do exist.
And coming to the EPIC part, people liking their own respective posts. Its like giving themselves a Hi 5 in public( thats what I read on Facebook itself). Zuckerberg should seriously consider removing this option for our own respective posts like SERIOUSLY.
Personally I feel, popularity or should I say TRP of a status/post is now judged by "like count" from "comment count".

2. TIMELINE
The most useless option I've come across. Needless to say I'm still using that age old "wall". Timeline is created for photo freaks, just to give them yet another space to glue their photos & make the profile look more like an exhibition.
P.S- I'm not bringing the page owners who use timeline constructively for displaying their logo name or for like things.

3. CHECK-INS
Ah! the one I envy. Dude, what is the use of beating your own trumpet and forcibly telling people where are you, what are you doing, with whom are you. I feel as if Facebook has humbly assumed the responsibility of parents and take care of their whereabouts in their absence.
I've seen people checking-in & tagging their homes, not to forget "home sweet home". But some intelligent people have taken this to a notch higher & they are checking in and tagging some exotic/grand places while they are sitting at their homes, not to forget "home sweet home":D. For what? just to flash their status! hahah
I detest this even more when I'm trying to study for exams and then I see somebody checking in ( remember I'm a religious Facebook user:D) First day first show, watching XYZ movie at ABC cinemas. Huhh I so hate Facebook's technical team for creating such an option.

4. SUBSCRIBE OPTION
People subscribing for updates of renowned personalities- OK, good enough but what about those subscribing for just another Facebook user, particularly talking of the one subscribing for updates from a girl, who has rejected his friend request. What is he expecting? she'll update where is she heading to & inviting you to meet her. Grow up!

Well the views are totally personal. May be some people find these options useful, something usefully useful.

P.S- My Lair replaced by the name Sugar. :D

16 comments:

Ash on June 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM said...

good one :) check out my post on facebook at http://e-pinion.blogspot.in/2012/04/facebragging.html

Zeebs on June 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM said...

I've actually been deactivated since over a month now. It feels good to not be part of that clan... even though I'm not up to date.

Nihareekaa on June 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM said...

Facebook is useful for keeping in touch with old friends, whom you never get the time to call, but find them online.

I love the timeline thingy. Yes, I am vain. Shoot me! :p

Yes, I agree. Like option on your own posts is LAME.

That 'check in' option is another way for psycho killer stalkers to find their prey. ''Kyaa hogaa iss deshh kaa''.

Funny post. :D

Nirati on June 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM said...

Hahahaha.
This is hilarious, but so true.
I know so many people who keep liking their own stuff, like REALLY? :/
I use the timeline and it's alright-ish. I think.

Check ins, oh yes, they're so pro-stalker, you can't blame people who stalk you then. Atleast that is limited to your friend list. The ones on Twitter, ugh. Unless you're at some fab place where you don't mind and want to show it off, cool, but every day going to the office and you update it, whaii? :|
What is he expecting? she'll update where is she heading to & inviting you to meet her. Grow up! Hahahahahahahaa, considering the Orkutiya people who're now on FB, they might really be expecting this! :P

@Tales of her and by her.
&
@Teenage Babblings
xx

Keirthana on June 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM said...

Nice post! Since I am outta FB for all these reasons, I just restrict myself to this comment :P

Sarah malik on June 16, 2012 at 4:28 PM said...

well facebook has truly become a habit...and people range from silent users to people who just cant stop putting up their whole life on 'wall'.

but then ,things have started getting broing and monotonous there, i hope there is a fresh substitute for FB soon :D
nice post!

sarah

C.S.H on June 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM said...

Facebook is a pretty wonderful social site to stay in touch with your family and friends but you're right.. some of the features are just plain useless! First the timeline, the sidebar, every move you make is put under a microscope.. what will they do next? Invade your private messages? They're all about privacy but they are slowly taking it away bit by bit.. I used to a be facebook addict! Mostly because of the games but I'm trying to get away from those games.. I have way too much stuff to do! I haven't played zooworld in almost a week! YAY!! And I try not to spend no more ten fifteen minutes per day.. and I just update the status, check everyone elses, comment as needed and return any emails.. That's about it. As well as it should be! Thanks for posting! This was hilarious and very very true, as I can relate!!

C.S.H on June 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM said...

Oh and one more thing! Aint it crazy that some people are willing to drain their bank accounts for those games?? I can honestly say that I have never used my debit/credit card to buy credits for any games but people always brag about how much they just spent on these computer generated games.. like farmville? Are you kidding? Who would do that??

Hardi on June 17, 2012 at 3:21 AM said...

I agree! Facebook is massive, so many people have it! But it's a great way to keep in touch with everyone..

And also, timeline :( Not my thing!

Great Post!

Miss-Match on June 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM said...

@ ash- read ur post too n commented right there.

@ zeebs- U really deserve a round of applause considering I'm so addicted to this drug. sometimes I think I need a rehab centre ..lol!

@ nihareekaa- yes I'm searching my gun. lol!
Glad tht u liked.

@ blahblaholic- I'm a layman when it comes to twitter, but what u r telling it seems rather Scary, hahah.

@kierthna- glad that u liked.N cheers tht u r out of fb for the same reasons.:D

@subtlescribbler-fb is getting boring, i know, right? but at the same time its a newspaper, u've to see it for the news it provides hahaha

@ crystal- i second tht, i hate tht sidebar too publishing every bit of ur presence on fb. huhh
well I'm not at all game person on fb, but how can ppl spend their money buying credits?? I'm still confused. There r many other ways to waste money, right? :p

@ kiara- Thank god there z sm1 who hates timeline too. haha

Scribby on June 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM said...

I agree on most of the part of your post :) Considering that I'm a huge FB fan,not addict note that :), I like the all the options except 'subscription' and 'timeline' :)

for obvious reasons that you've mentioned too!

I also think liking one's own status is totally funny,of course my views!

but check-in eh? Oh I'm the one who flaunts that every chance I get ;) lol go ahead call me crazy but I like that :P

NBose on June 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM said...

I admit of being a FB addict sometimes ago...but now with a baby my face looks like book sometimes!!!

I feel FB a nice tool which connects ppl, old fiends and batch mates & distant relatives....but other side of it is there too..where ppl even update what they r wearing for bed and menu of dinner :-) It is irritating sometimes...there are also weather men who would update their status with "it's raining here" or 'So hot & humid'

I had played once Farmville like a maniac though never used my cards for credits :-)

Lol on what you said about liking their own status.
enjoyed your post :-)

Miss-Match on June 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM said...

glad that u enjoyed reading.

Dipthi Somesh on June 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM said...

verry nice post n i agree with the like thingy n check in stuffs..
i am a fb addict though, n ve th timeline too, lolz..
but yeah, its also good 2 keep in touch with some friends, cause honestly, sometime we stay soo far away, that call n msg's hardly happen..

n sometimes it happens tht i get 2 kno that some friend is married or has had a kid through fb.. every1 s life events r on it.. ;-)

Smita on June 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM said...

Agree with your opinion on LIKE button,
of course "I like all my status,i.e. why they have been a status", right?? ;)

and for the check in option, I like it!!
It's classy!!

Miss-Match on June 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM said...

@dipthi- Thanks for reading. Yes i agree fb is something quintessential in today's life to keep in touch with frnds,and to remain updated about them.

@ smita- actually! "I like all my status,i.e. why they have been a status" why don't ppl understand this.!!!
well thanks for stopping by.

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates