August 3, 2012

I Believe

Posted by Soumya at 3:06 PM


Few years ago, I had lost everything in life. Work was fucked, family life was unstable and my love life was in the dumpsters. When I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I decided that no, I'm not gonna give up. I did not want to succumb and live like a loser. The day I realised that, I wrote this. Sometime in 2010. And since that day on I have only bounced back. Nobody came to support me back then and people were only hurling phrases like 'let go', 'forget it' etc etc. But I believed in myself. I decided that I'll make peace with the melancholy and not ignore it. I then accepted the situation and worked my way out of it. 

And here I am today, almost 2 years later. I have a job that I love, a supporting family and the love of my life to whom I'm getting married soon. Life seems like a fairy tale today. The only way I get to appreciate it is because of the past. I'm glad I held on to myself and crawled back into sanity and then to happiness. Else, I wouldn't be around to write this. Not today, not then.

Believe in yourself. No one and nothing else matters. So here we go, 'I Believe'.

Kept on wondering
When I'll be free
I wanted to live
I wanted the happiness key

Love and joy
Was always around
I failed to see
How could it be

The sun's shining bright
There will be no fright
There will be smiles
Through the day and the night

I am the change
I wanted to see
No one owns me
No he or she

Hurt, tears and pain
Its all comes in vain
They come in herds
I'm done with these words

When I feel like I've had enough
I feel like giving it all up
But my will is as strong as it can be
Now nothing can stop me

Deep in my heart
There is no doubt
When love comes again
I'll go reaching out

I will stand tall
And make myself proud
Now, I only see the silver linings
And not some damned cloud

Unhappy is not the way
That I want to leave
I'll get it all
In me, I believe

~ Soumya

14 comments:

Ramya on August 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM said...

Excellent and very motivating :D

Vinati on August 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM said...

I feel so happy to see you rise like a phoenix. Extremely motivating composition! :-)

And hey..when is the D-day?? :D

Raumali Dasgupta on August 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM said...

Really nice, gives me hope :)

vixie on August 3, 2012 at 9:30 PM said...

woww..nice stuff dude..
cheers to hope and self belief :)

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan on August 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM said...

this was absolutely lovely.. and very much a necessity for me. Thanks.

Nisha on August 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM said...

Inspiring.
So many will relate to this and feel better :)

Keirthana on August 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM said...

Nice :) And I am close to where you were 2 years back. Maybe people like you and inspirational posts like this are the only reason why I am still holding on. Thank you for that!

Keirthana

the little princess on August 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM said...

what an inspiration! way to go girl!

Soumya on August 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM said...

@Ramya,
Thank you :)

@Mirage,
Thanks love, you've seen me through it.
I'll make the announcement very soon :)

@Raumali,
I'm glad, thanks dear.

@meoww,
Thanks love. Cheers!

@Roshan,
You're welcome. May God give you strength. Keep believing :)

@Nisha,
Thank you :)

@Keirthana,
Thanks dear :). Don't give up, hold on strong. If you believe, you'll get past it. All the best :)

@the little princess,
Thank you ma'm :)

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on August 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM said...

inspirational.. a lot of optimism is what I'd like to see in this world

Unknown on August 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM said...

That is an awesome poem! great work!

Pavithra on August 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM said...

very inspiring :)

Soumya on August 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM said...

@Sunitha,
Thank you.

@Rupertt Wind,
Thanks :)

@Pavithra,
Thank you :)

Smita on September 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM said...

all i can say after reading through your words : god bless :-)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates