December 15, 2012

If it does and when it does!

Posted by Keirthana at 9:58 PM

Dew, Rain, Sunrise, Sunset, Meadows, Valleys, Rainbows, A child's innocent smile, A helping hand, A praying soul, A loving heart.......

All these drip with the beauty of life, showering us with their blessings. But we don't stop and take a moment to take them all in. That's what life has made out of us. Or rather, honestly, that's what we have made out of our lives. Where we are today is all great and grand but the how we are part is disturbing and we all know that. Everyone kept talking about the end of the world in 2012 for a while and then we got back to our lives. And now that we are here, the buzz is floating in the air here and there. 

No one knows for sure. Will the world really end? But that question doesn't really linger and is side-tracked by "How do I complete this work within the deadline?" or "What can I put in my year-end performance review document that would make my manager consider giving me a substantial hike?" or maybe "What do I wear to the new year's party?". Yes! That's who we are now. Anyway, when I ask myself the question, "Do you want it to happen?" I surprisingly find myself answering yes to that. Hold on before judging me. Neither have I gone crazy nor am I fed up with life. I have a lot to look forward to and all that jazz, but, I could do with a new world. The one which is created by the super power with a certain intention and expectation and not the one one which has been tinkered with over the generations by mankind and molded into what they want rather than what it should be.

In my humble opinion, I feel the existing world has too much of a touch of us to be good. I know if the world goes boom and the cycle begins for a new one, down the lane in some thousands of millions of whatever of years, it might again end up in the same place where we are. Whatever it is, I personally would like a new start. I know when I say new start, I will not be present as "me" to witness or experience it. ;) Still, I would rather have that. My only want is that the end of the world process should not be too painful for anyone. Dragging out the D-day, losing loved ones, being the lone survivor - that kind of stuff. I am OK with the world ending, but if it does and when it does, I want it to take us all away with it without any pain and give us all a new start.

Until later,

P.S: This is just my personal opinion in this regard. I don't have a vendetta with life or anything. I apologize if it hurts anyone's views.

6 comments:

Hardi on December 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM said...

This is interesting, I totally understand how you're seeing it. The world could definitely use some change, but not necessarily by its "end". Even if it does end, and start anew, people will still be the same. So in my opinion, it's not the world itself needing to change, but the behaviour of some of the people in it.

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan on December 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM said...

I totally get what you're saying, K... it's not a nihilistic view by any means. This world could use with a good scare/a reboot. Morally, we've reached a phase where the powerful are brazenly cheating/murdering and getting away with any forms of crime whereas those who are innocent at heart are ridiculed.
At the risk of self-promoting, here was my take on it - a different spin http://www.godyears.net/2012/10/the-ice-cream-stick-house.html

Keirthana on December 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM said...

@Kiara: I agree, but the point is I feel that we are at a loss in changing the behaviour of these people who have brought the world to this state and frankly speaking they are the majority. Maybe a miracle or something can give a make over to the world :) There is nothing wrong in hoping :)

@Roshan: Exactly, the world needs a reboot :) I was quite searching for the word when I was writing the post but couldn't find it then. You said it :)

Smita on December 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM said...

I too agree with you on the last part..... If this all has to end then it should be in one single shot.

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on December 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM said...

May be that's what all pralayamas / floods at the end are all about. A reboot..

Keirthana on December 26, 2012 at 7:03 PM said...

@Smita: Yes that's the best.

@Sunitha: Yeah, I have thought in that lines but practically there seems to be none of that sort happening. So let's wait and watch :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates