June 19, 2013

A love's ache

Posted by Keirthana at 12:45 PM
The soft bed, the cozy comforter and fluffy pillows give warmth amidst the monsoon chill. Seeing the empty space on my side brings back the cold.

The rain drops incessantly patter against the window. The absence of your sizzling touches pricks me.

The temptation of getting drenched in the rain is asleep. Without you, the fun of getting wet is a far cry.

Our favorite reading spot near the window beckons. Occupying it without you seems like a sin.

Our hot chocolate mug remains empty. There is no appeal in the steaming chocolate when you are not there to share.

The chill breeze flows into the room and sends shivers throughout my body. It cannot level with the sensuous tremours that your naughty smile creates in me.

The leaves are swaying in a dance with the breeze. They are no match to the dance of your eyes.

The naughty wind ruffles my hair. Your gentle hands playing with my hair is what I am longing for.

The view outside the window is peacefully pleasant. The missing image of you leaning against the window swallows the peace.

The house looks beautiful with the onset of monsoon. It does not become a home without you wandering around and chiding me for being lazy.

The earth's thirst is quenched. My thirst for you is still burning.

Monsoon is our favorite season but it is not as beautiful without you. Come home soon, my love. Without you, the beauty of monsoon remains just as memories.

Until later,

6 comments:

maithili on June 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM said...

Monsoons! The most romantic season but also the most nostalgic one.. What is monsoon if not with the person who made it so romantic :)
Beautifully writter..

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on June 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM said...

This one feels like a part2 of PeeVee's . I don;t know why.. ?Very nostalgic and sweet

Gayathri Baskaran on June 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM said...

This was sweet! :)

Keirthana on June 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM said...

Thanks Maithili, Indeed monsoon is best with the beloved :)

Sunitha, I read all the monsoon posts after I posted this one and yes, I was surprised at discovering that PeeVee had written along similar feelings. Felt like it proved that the season is made more beautiful when shared with the one :)

Thanks Gayathri :)

Confused Soul on June 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM said...

wow! such purity in those words.. like like :D

Keirthana on June 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM said...

Confused Soul: Thanks a ton!

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates