July 20, 2014

The Broken Vase

Posted by Sunitha Vijayanarayan at 11:34 PM
My own glistening eyes I see
In a thousand reflections
On the remnant pieces 
Of my favorite vase that broke

May be the cracks
Were always a part of it.
Inherent , incomprehensibly subtle or Invisible
From my rose tinted fools paradise.

Blood flows through my cracked fingers
As I try to pick up the fragments
One by one , each  hurting me anew
Leaving yet another scar ..

With a broad sweep ,
I want to shove it away
All the hundreds of shining parts
Of that beautiful vase that I thought it once was.

Ringing anew in my ears
The laughter of crackling glass 
Brings thoughts of happy past.
Distracted , I 'd let them hurt me again.

Leaving 'time' to dry the glistening drops
Of blood and tears on glass,
I look into your loving eyes and find
That strength to walk away.

P.S : 
Friendship is like a vase. Once broken , always the cracks remain....I wish I didn't but now I know it is true.

P.P.S : Posting after a very long hiatus. I will make every effort to be regular from now on..

7 comments:

Unknown on July 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown on July 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM said...

makes me wonder if some wounds never heal....

Keirthana on July 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM said...

Enchanting! I get how it's painted, because I lost one such friendship. It was a beautiful vase and all that's left now are faded pieces of it. Sigh!

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on July 22, 2014 at 4:12 AM said...

@ Thamanna , I know they'll heal. It will just take some time and some scars may be there for long time.

@Keirthana , you got exactly what I was trying to convery.. :) Thanks.

Vinodini on July 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM said...

Beautiful Keirthana! You're so expressive. My favorite line here is the 'laughter of crackling glass'...conveys myriad emotions.
I do wish you'd post regularly :)

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on August 1, 2014 at 2:47 AM said...

Thanks Vinodini , btw my name's Sunitha .. :) Though I agree Keirthana's posts are one of the most expressive ones and I love reading them too..

Smita on August 17, 2014 at 5:18 PM said...

beautifully written :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates